Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Baby Names Based on Astrology

I don't have children yet, and when I do, I will doubt that I will name them based on their astrological sign.

I don't know much about astrology, but I do know a lot about names.

Here's a a quick review of the astrological signs and some info about them, if you don't know this stuff.  I got this chart from this website.

SignPlanet
ElementPersonality Traits
Aries: The Ram, Mar. 21-April 19Marsfireconfident, independent, bold
Taurus: The Bull, Apr. 20-May 20Venusearthstubborn, determined, devoted
Gemini: The Twins, May 21-June 21Mercuryairintelligent, ambitious
Cancer: The Crab, June 22-July 22Moonwatersensitive, moody, sympathetic
Leo: The Lion, July 23-Aug. 22Sunfiregenerous, enthusiastic, temperamental
Virgo: The Virgin, Aug. 23-Sept. 22Mercuryearthcalm, intellectual
Libra: The Scales, Sept. 23-Oct. 23Venusairorderly, just, sympathetic
Scorpio: The Scorpion, Oct. 24-Nov. 21Marswaterphilosophical, loyal, strong-willed
Sagittarius: The Archer, Nov. 22-Dec. 21Jupiterfireimaginative, practical
Capricorn: The Goat, Dec. 22-Jan. 19Saturnearthloyal, ambitious, blunt
Aquarius: The Water Carrier, Jan. 20-Feb. 18Uranusairgiving, idealistic, creative
Pisces: The Fish, Feb. 19-Mar. 20Neptunewatersensitive, timid, sympathetic

One of my favorite things about this chart is that it gives you some ideas to consider if you want to choose a name that is significant to the zodiac.  For example, you can use a name that reflects the element of the sign (eg. "Terra" is an earth name, so it would be appropriate for an earth sign).  You can also use the personality traits or planets to derive names of significance; maybe pick a name with a meaning that reflects the personality traits of specific astrological signs.  

This page also offers some suggested beginnings for names that would "bring luck" to kids born during this time.  

Aries: A, L, Ch names

Taurus: I, U, E, O, Wa, We, Wi, Wo names

Gemini: A, H, Gh, Ka, Ke, Ko names

Cancer: Da, De, Do, He, Hi, Ho, Hu names

Leo: Ma, Me, Mo, Ta, Te, To names

Virgo: Pa, Pe, Po, Sh, Ta, Th names

Libra: Ra, Re, Ro, Ta, Te, To names

Scorpio: Na, Ne, No, To, Ya, Ye, Yu names

Sagittarius: Bh, Dh, Ph, Ta, Ye, Yo names

Capricorn: Bh, Ga, Ge, Ja, Je, Kh names

Aquarius: Da, Ge, Go, Sa, Se, So names

Pisces: Ch, De, Jh, Th, Ya names

I like names.  I like the freedom of names that's reigned in by the pattern of it all.  I like name guidelines, but I also like the ability to choose that names allow.  This is kind of a useless post.  I guess it's just kind of a "for your information" kind of situation.  I like names.  I guess that's it.  I have an obsession with names.

No comments:

Post a Comment