Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

100 Unique Names

I recently posted this about my name obsession.  I love names.  I have Asperger's Syndrome and, characteristic of Asperger's Syndrome, I make lists and I have strange passions.  My first passion was names.  Making lists of names has been my passion since before kindergarten.

I collected a bunch of "new" names recently into a list of over a thousand names, and thought I'd pick out 50 of the top female and male names that really stand out to me from that list.  I posted a handful of each here, but of course a handful of names is never enough for me.

FEMININE
Aeris
Anahid
Anaiah
Apphia
Atia
Azadeh
Berrie
Betty
Blythe
Chavielle
Egypt
Emmarie
Exa
Florence
Gentry
Hester
Immalia
Jessa
Jorja
July
Kaci
Kaiyah
Kalare
Kyersten
Kyzmia
Laurellynne
Lave
Leta
Liberty
Lorca
Macie
Maela
Makerra
Maragwyn
Marigold
Marlowe
Matisyn
Meris
Merit
Mileah
Millay
Mykinli
Nyx
Odessa
Olive
Phynna
Saylor
Selah
Shirley
Waverly

MASCULINE
Arland
Artem
Atticus
Barnabus
Booker
Braxton
Brecken
Cael
Calan
Canaan
Cash
Clement
Clinton
Dallas
Dante
Darcy
Dashlan
Decker
Dixon
Elmer
Glendon
Gunnar
Hezekiah
Holden
Howard
Jacobus
Jett
Justice
Kaelo
Kyrem
Linwood
Malacai
Mathieu
Memphis
Nelwyn
Oak
Porter
Ramsey
Rigby
Roarke
Rocco
Roscoe
Silas
Tanner
Thane
Trace
Tripp
Warden
Woodrow
Zev
If you like this list, there are a thousand others where this one came from.  I think in this one, I'm trying to hilight "weird" names, names that are different from my traditional style.  In this list, I've included names that are abnormal to me.  In this list, I've included names I rarely hear.  I've included surnames.  I've included unique spellings that I like.  I've included a lot of one-syllable names.  I've included a lot of Biblical and historically-inspired names.  

Does anyone know of a good site where I can have access to loads of unique names -- names like these -- so that I can further broaden my knowledge?

What are your favorite names from this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment